fetchWordofObject

Andreas Raab andreas.raab at gmx.de
Fri May 27 23:51:47 UTC 2005

> I accept the technical possibility but question whether it is actually
> pragmatically sensible. How many external plugins are used by windows, unix &
> mac VMs?

I don't know and I think we'll only find out once we start breaking
things. So far, we have been 100% backward compatible and I just don't
see any particularly good reason to break that compatibility when we're
not even introducing anything new here.

> Is it a common enough usage pattern (using old external plugins) to be worth
> supporting?

Why break it if there isn't any benefit? All we're talking about is to
replace these two lines in sqVirtualMachine[.h|.c] from
fetchWordOfObject to fetchLong32 (or whatever). Compared to the amount
of time we're spending even having this discussion the amount of time
just fixing it seems comparadly small.

Cheers,
   - Andreas