newbie: plugin loaded?

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Sun Nov 13 00:57:09 UTC 2005

On 11-Nov-05, at 8:17 PM, Andreas Raab wrote:

> Bert Freudenberg wrote:
>> Am 11.11.2005 um 21:41 schrieb Brad Fuller:
>>> What is a way to determine if an external plugin has been
>>> loaded?  Couldn't find this on the swiki.
>> Smalltalk listLoadedModules
>
> Better to write a primitive which never fails. Not only do you know
> it's been loaded, you can also put version information into it.

No need; the module name that you will get back from Smalltalk
listLoadedModules can include version info. See implementors of
#moduleNameAndVersion and in particular the LargeIntegersPlugin
version. Of course, you will pay the cost of getting all the info for
all loaded plugins when using this. In some cases it may be important
to find a plugin version quickly and then an extra prim in the plugin
is possibly useful. However I don't think I would suggest following
the bizarre usage of LargeIntegersPlugin>primGetModuleName and
primCheckIfCModuleExists

tim