Cross platform plugin dev

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Sat Nov 19 00:43:14 UTC 2005

On 18-Nov-05, at 4:09 PM, Brad Fuller wrote:

> But anyway.... Since I don't really have a unix specific plugin, I
> want to put it in Cross for now and I'll try that.
Just keep all the completely platform independent c & h files (plus I
suppose other resources, though I don't recall needing anything
previously) in Cross/plugins/myPluginName.

> Have you used VMMakerTool? If so, how do you use it to generate C
> files in the Cross directory?
It doesn't normally generate the code into the same directories as
the hand-written files so that it is easy to flush out the stuff that
can be generated. The exception is Windows where the files are
intermixed  as per Andreas' wishes. On unix you'll normally find the
output of the VMMaker run in 'src' or 'src32' etc. As you've
undoubtedly noticed by now the build obj files and generated scripts
from autoconf go in 'bld' etc.

tim