VMMaker/Plugins newbee question

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Thu Oct 27 11:37:29 UTC 2005

On Thu, Oct 27, 2005 at 10:36:00AM +0200, Klaus D. Witzel wrote:

> When I want a "small" VM, one that has (besides memory) just access to
>
> - display
> - keyboard
> - mouse
>
> are there any plugins I must include in VMMaker?

The plugins FilePlugin, B3DEnginePlugin, and BitBltSimulation
are necessary for a usable VM.

FilePlugin is required to allow access to the sources and
changes files. In principle it should be possible to do without
B3DEnginePlugin and BitBltSimulation, but the necessary error
handling does not seem to be in place in the image.

If you want access to networking, you must also include
SocketPlugin in the build.