Interpreter change

Ian Piumarta piumarta at speakeasy.net
Mon Apr 17 21:11:53 UTC 2006

On Apr 17, 2006, at 2:04 PM, Andreas Raab wrote:

> Note that these changes will likely have *dramatic* positive
> impacts for systems running on servers under heavy computational
> load. Many of the oddities reported on Unix systems can likely be
> traced to this very problem.

I should clarify that the fix also requires changes in the Unix
support code for it to be effective.  Recompiling the 3.8 Unix code
base with the modified forceInterruptCheck() will not make any
difference to socket performance.  An upcoming 3.9 release will
include the changes, which are already checked in to SVN.

Cheers,
Ian