Interpreter change

John M McIntosh johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com
Mon Apr 17 21:30:37 UTC 2006

For some reason lost in time, it's called only in

ioGetNextEvent()

I do think here if you want a specialized call to process socket
events what about a flag aioPollNeeded and set that to true, then
check for that in checkForInterrupts()
Otherwise  you end up with ioProcessEvents() being called say oh
10,000 a second if there are lots of socket events happening? and
just because ioProcessEvents() handles
sockets doesn't mean it might be doing other things which are
assuming a low calling rate.

On 17-Apr-06, at 2:19 PM, Andreas Raab wrote:

> John M McIntosh wrote:
>> ioProcessEvents() is a null call on os-x.
>> you have some other magic you are expecting it to do?
>
> How do you deal with sockets? I thought you were using the Unix
> socket code which relies on aio* and which is commonly called in
> ioProcessEvents. If not there, where *do* you call it? ;-)
>
> Cheers,
>   - Andreas

===