Interpreter change

Andreas Raab andreas.raab at gmx.de
Mon Apr 17 22:42:08 UTC 2006

Hi John -

> What I'd suggest here is setting a aioPollNeed flag
>
> have forceaioPoll() that does
>     set the aioPollNeed flag
>     calls forceInterruptCheck()
>
> in checkForInterrupts()
> check aioPollNeed, if true call aioPoll() and reset.

What for? We can just call ioProcessInterrupts() no matter what. If you
really need to have extra tests for aio you can implement them in the
support code, e.g.,

ioProcessInterrupts() {
   if(aioPollNeeded) aioPoll();
}

and leave the main VM without further modifications (I really dislike
adding such unnecessary extensions to the VM itself - it's up to the
support code to behave as stated, and if the stated behavior is to get
out quickly, well, then the support code should just comply).

Cheers,
   - Andreas