[Vm-dev] SocketPlugin and 64 bit

Martin Kuball martinkuball at web.de
Tue Aug 8 18:34:37 UTC 2006

Hi!

After having a working vm for linux-amd64 again, I tried to get the
network stuff up and running which has never worked for met on amd64.
Some debugging in gdb showed that the code for optaining the bytesize
of an array is broken in SocketPlugin. Some comparisions with the
Fileplugin showed that code like this from SocketPlugin:

  sz = interpreterProxy->byteSizeOf(((sqInt)(long)(name) - 4));

(where name is the adress of the first indexable field of an
ByteArray) does not work while

  pathNameSize = interpreterProxy->byteSizeOf(pathName);

(pathName beeing an oop from the stack) does work.

I changed the generated code and it works now. But of course something
has to be done at VMMaker level to realy solve the problem.

Martin