[Vm-dev] SocketPlugin and 64 bit

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Thu Aug 10 01:12:59 UTC 2006

On Wed, Aug 09, 2006 at 11:49:16PM +0200, Martin Kuball wrote:
> Am Wednesday, 9. August 2006 12:34 schrieb David T. Lewis:
> > It sounds like you may be using an outdated version of VMMaker. All
> > of the literal references to "4" were removed from the file and
> > socket plugins a long time ago.
> >
> > The VMMaker on SqueakMap is version 3.8b6. In your development
> > image, if you evaluate "VMMaker versionString" should see something
> > similar.
>
> It says 3.8b6. So it is up to date, isn't it?

Yes that sounds right. So I am not sure what is causing the problem.
I know that I have been able to build 64 bit VMs for AMD, but I have
not done this recently. When I get some free time I will try it again
and confirm that it still works.

> By the way, I received only your mail to my private address, not the
> one to the mailing list. Is there something wrong with the new list?
> And it seems to be very quiet there, too? I got no response to my
> other mail some days ago.

My mail message did make it to the list, so I think the list is working.
But there are only a few people who pay attention to the vm-dev list,
and often they are busy.