New VMMaker/svn release

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Mon Jan 2 17:41:55 UTC 2006

On 2-Jan-06, at 9:16 AM, David T. Lewis wrote:

> On Fri, Dec 30, 2005 at 05:14:06PM -0800, tim Rowledge wrote:
>> Hokay,
>> After taking Andreas' suggestion to dump the tacky old
>> sqFilenameFromString macro to heart, SM has a new release 11 -
>> 3.8b5-64B and SVN has level 1284 for you to play with. Read the SM
>> page comments.  It may well break things but I think it gets the
>> basic facility cleaner. I also cleaned out some ugly arg-typing
>> floobs while I was at it.
>
> There is a cut'n'paste typo in one of the arg-type defloobifications,
> fix attached.
Ta. Mpeg3Plugin is one I don't/can't compile anyway so it doesn't get
checked in a ny way but visual inspection at my end.

> I've built a unix VM from the new VMM/svn sources, but I'm
> getting problems opening the sources and changes files.
> Something has changed that affects the operation of
> "FileDirectory default oldFileNamed: 'squeak.changes'".
> I'm getting a nil from that, while "FileStream oldFileNamed:
> 'squeak.changes'"
> still works as expected.
>
> I have not spotted the source of the problem yet...
RISC OS uses its own equivalent ofthe Cross/plugins/FilePlugin/
sqFilePluginBasicPrims.c and so again it doesn't get used by my
system. Most likely another typo since I didn't make any structural
changes.

tim
Strange OpCodes: FA: Failsafe Armed