New VMMaker/svn release

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Tue Jan 3 00:38:54 UTC 2006

On 2-Jan-06, at 3:23 PM, David T. Lewis wrote:

> Mea culpa. The sqGetFileNameFromString() function needs to null-
> terminate
> the file name string after copying it, and I had not done that.

That would cause interesting problems, certainly.

> The new VMM/SVN works fine on Intel 32 bit Linux for both a 32 bit
> and 64 bit VM. I'll check AMD-64 when I get a chance, but I don't
> think there will be any problems there.
>
> The sqGetFileNameFromString() function I used is just this:
>
> sqInt sqGetFilenameFromString(char *aCharBuffer, char
> *aFilenameString, sqInt filenameLength, sqInt aBoolean)
> {
>   strncpy(aCharBuffer, aFilenameString, filenameLength);
>   aCharBuffer[filenameLength] = 0;
> }
I think Ian had some quite extensive charset converting code attached
to the old macro? Ah, yes see sqUnixCharConv.c RISC OS uses the OS
call to canonicalize the path  and make sure it is fully qualified.

tim
Strange OpCodes: LB: connect Line-voltage to BITNET