Trouble building unix VM for OSX

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Sun Jan 15 03:14:58 UTC 2006

On Sat, Jan 14, 2006 at 07:35:35PM -0600, Alan Sibley wrote:
> Hey folks,
>
> I'm trying to build the latest unix/osx from svn rev. 1290.
> I think I have the latest VMMaker (2.8b5-64B).
>
> I'm compiling but not linking... missing sqGetFilenameFromString.
> It's referenced from ioFilenamefromStringofLengthresolveAliases in
> interp.c.
> I grepped around and didn't find it... heeeeelp ;)

This is a function that is not yet fully implemented in the
platforms sources. When building a Linux VM, I added the
following as a workaround (I don't know if this will work
for OS X):

/* A default implementation for unix */
sqInt sqGetFilenameFromString(char *aCharBuffer, char *aFilenameString,
    sqInt filenameLength, sqInt aBoolean) {
  strncpy(aCharBuffer, aFilenameString, filenameLength);
  aCharBuffer[filenameLength] = 0;
}