VM (callback+variables) changes

Andreas Raab andreas.raab at gmx.de
Mon Jun 12 20:36:57 UTC 2006

Hi Rob -

Good to hear it works. There are two things that bothers me slightly and
I'd like to get some feedback from someone who's been in that area
before: First, the callback identifier. While it seems a good safeguard
at first it gets into ones way pretty quickly (like in the example
plugin where the absence of callback-id management makes it impossible
to have more than one callback). So... do you think it's worthwhile to
keep it and force people to go through the hoops of maintaining it?

Second, I'm somewhat unhappy about the management of the suspended
processs. I am wondering if we shouldn't use a semaphore in the
splObjects for this purpose and link/unlink properly. This has the
disadvantage that some image-side changes are required but it might be
worth it for better house-keeping.

Comments welcome!
   - Andreas