MPEG3Plugin problem

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Sun Mar 26 06:53:38 UTC 2006

On 25-Mar-06, at 9:03 PM, Andreas Raab wrote:

> Thanks for the help. BTW, mine (from VMMaker3.8b5-64B freshly
> loaded from SqueakMap) is  "tpr 12/29/05 17:07". How come yours is
> different?
In the 'official' vmmm 3.8-64 bit development image on my machine, I
have a copy of the method corresponding to what John pasted in.  Same
in the copy of VMMaker-tpr.43.mcz on disk.

Now an interesting thing appears to happen with SM, something I
hadn't ever thought to look at until now. The file you upload to be a
package file is not renamed to match the package name - so the file
you get by downloading VMMaker 3.8b5-64 is named http://
map.squeak.org/accountbyid/4340a66e-2296-48b7-9aa8-5305d303752f/files/
VMMaker-tpr.43.mcz !! Argh! Not good at all. An excellent way to
confuse me.

However, if I fetch the file and open it up I find correct looking
code again -
primitiveMPEG3EndOfVideo: fileHandle stream: aNumber
	| file result |

	"int mpeg3_end_of_video(mpeg3_t *file, int stream)"
	self var: #file declareC: 'mpeg3_t * file'.
	self var: #file type: 'mpeg3_t * '.
	self primitive: 'primitiveMPEG3EndOfVideo'
		parameters: #(Oop SmallInteger).
etc.

How you got something wrong in that way (missing decl) beats me. If
it were simple truncation lots of other stuff would have gone wrong.
Not to mention that John would have found the problem when building
Sophie VMs.

tim
Useful random insult:- "Body by Fisher -- brains by Mattel."