InterpreterProxy>>ioFilename:fromString:ofLength:resolveAliases:?

Andreas Raab andreas.raab at gmx.de
Mon Mar 27 00:02:25 UTC 2006

John M McIntosh wrote:
> I believe fname here and length is technically the smalltalk object, and
> it's length. If you copy over from the fname it may not have
> a terminating 0x00.

So. Where. Is. This. Used??? The comment in sq.h merely states:

   "New filename converting function; used by the interpreterProxy
function ioFilenamefromStringofLengthresolveAliases. Most platforms can
ignore the resolveAlias boolean - it seems to only be of use by OSX but
is crucial there."

and unfortunately, this doesn't give much guidance about arguments or
return values. Without an example (which I have asked for, remember?) it
is *impossible* to implement that function correctly based on the
information I have.

Cheers,
   - Andreas