All together now ;-)

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Tue Mar 28 19:17:24 UTC 2006

On 26-Mar-06, at 10:05 PM, Andreas Raab wrote:

>   http://hedgehog.software.umn.edu:8888/Homebase.html
>
> Tim - This (or perhaps the version two weeks from now ;-) is
> probably a good version for you to merge back into the main line
> when you find the time for it. There aren't many changes, just what
> I was dealing with in general (FloatMathPlugin, Tests,
> CroquetPlugin, SocketPlugin) so integration should be straightforward.

Notes from looking at the diffs -
AsynchFilePlugin
What about #primitiveAsyncFileWriteStart:fPosition:fromBuffer:at:
count: Seems to need a fix from 'int' to 'sqInt' but you missed it.
Or was that deliberate for some inscrutable reason?

B3DAcceleratorPlugin
Are you wanting that added to VMMaker? IIRC it has heretofore been
kept in the Balloon3D package.

CroquetPlugin
Do you want that in the VMM package too?
- any dependencies in image to worry about? Things in shared pools
come to mind.

FilePlugin
many removals of oopForPointer: ? Seems wrong to me. oopForPointer is
pretty important according to Ian's writeup on 64 bit changes. Though
it (the macro at least) probably does need fixing for cases were
sqMemoryBase is non-0.

FloatMathPlugin
- I couldn't see code beyond the class decl in your .49 package. Do
you want it in VMM?
And what about the tests? Not for VMMaker inclusion in my view.

Mpeg3Plugin
Use of file name checking call bothers me. John, why is there a
rather pointless indirection of sqFilenameFromStringOpen through
ioFilenamefromStringofLengthresolveAliases ? Is the resolve alisases
nonsense even needed now you've changed to OSX support only and using
unix style filenames?

tim
Strange OpCodes: SDR: Shift Disk Right