New VMMaker/svn release

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Tue Mar 28 23:42:32 UTC 2006

On 12-Mar-06, at 9:35 AM, David T. Lewis wrote:

> Tim,
>
> Some belated followup on this. The patches for sqMemoryAccess.h do
> not seem to have been committed to SVN as of SVN 1352. I'm attaching
> a copy of this patch along with the others that I currently apply
> to the platforms tree in order to do a Unix VM build.
>
> Unrelated to the patch I sent for sqMemoryAccess.h, but affecting
> the same source file, you had asked if the oopForPointer macro was
> defined wrong and I had replied that I thought that it did look
> wrong. However, I just got around to trying a build with the macro
> defined as:
>   #define oopForPointer(ptr) ((sqInt)((ptr) - sqMemoryBase))
>
> and this does *not* work (blows up with a compiler error). So I
> don't know what is right here, but you should not make that change
> until somebody figures it out.

Weird; I can't spot any differences with the memory access header.
The version I have (updated today from squeakvm.org) seems correct to
me. Can you double check and if there are diffs send me the *whole*
file. I don't read unix diffs very well.

tim
Useful random insult:- Several nuts over fruitcake minimum.