sq.h changes, grabbed reserved field in sqKeyboardEvent

Yoshiki Ohshima yoshiki at squeakland.org
Thu Mar 30 12:22:47 UTC 2006

  John,

> Sure I can return 42 the magic number from LMGetKbdType() meaning you
> are using as Estonia keyboard, or maybe
> 78 for Devanagari keyboard in the Indian Language Kit, however it's
> unlikely I or any other developer will want to code the
> keyboard to ascii/macroman/unicode whatever translation tables in the
> image.

  And, why is that?  That is how it works right now in Squeak 3.8.

  If the VM is too clever but not take the Asian language input method
into account, I'm afraid that there will be no easy way to get the
functionality back.  On current Windows and some older versions of Mac
VM, people can input Japanese, Korean, Chinese, etc. into Squeakland
(Squeak 3.8 based).  But the last patched version of Unix VM (3.6-3 or
such), we needed to disable all the conversions implemented in the VM
after all.

-- Yoshiki