Building Unix Squeak VM On Intel Mac

Todd Blanchard tblanchard at mac.com
Fri Mar 31 07:29:23 UTC 2006

SUCCESS!

For those who come after and might search the archives - I got a
build of the Unix VM working on an Intel MacBook.

Untar the source, cd to Squeak-3.7-7/platforms/unix
config/configure --without-x   (unless you want to fiddle with not
found gl.h files in the X11 display lib)

vi vm-display-Quartz/sqUnixQuartz.m
change #define USE_SPINLOCK 1 to 0

make INTERP=interp
make INTERP=interp Squeak.app

drag the resulting Squeak-3.7-7.app into /Applications