building a unix vm with src32

Ian Piumarta piumarta at speakeasy.net
Thu May 4 21:35:22 UTC 2006

On May 4, 2006, at 12:48 PM, Martin Kuball wrote:

> I made a fresh checkout using
> 	svn co http://squeakvm.org/svn/squeak/trunk squeak
> Svn tells me I'm on revision 1508. But I still have the src32 and
> src64 directorys. Maybe they were not really deleted?

I guess subversion implements some strange definition of 'delete'
with which I was not previously familiar.

> But how
> do I tell the configure what type of vm I want to build?

Short answer: run 'configure --help'.

Long answer: configure will look fir a directory called 'src' by
default (relative to platforms/unix/), ignoring src32/64.  If you
want it to look for generated sources in some other place then use
the '--with-src' option.  E.g:

     ../platforms/unix/config/configure --with-src=src64

will use platforms/unix/src64; or even

     ../platforms/unix/config/configure --with-src=../../src32

if you ran VMMaker in the dir containing 'platforms' and didn't
manually change the location of the generated sources before
generating a 32-bit VM.

Cheers,
Ian