3.9-4 VM on cygwin: check that /usr/local/lib/squeak/3.9-4/vm-display-X11.so exists

Bert Freudenberg bert at impara.de
Mon May 15 12:12:26 UTC 2006

Am 15.05.2006 um 13:46 schrieb Klaus D. Witzel:

> Hi Bert,
>
> on Mon, 15 May 2006 13:38:40 +0200, Bert Freudenberg
> <bert at impara.de> wrote:
>
>> Am 15.05.2006 um 12:43 schrieb Klaus D. Witzel:
>>
>>> we've compiled the 3.9-4 VM on the cygwin platform
>>
>> Excuse my ignorance, but, why?
>
> Couldn't find any other environment which compiles the 3.9 VM to
> run under windoze, easy that is.

And what do you need a 3.9 VM for? I'm pretty sure you can happily
run the 3.9 image even with a 3.7 VM. There haven't been major
changes AFAIK.

That aside, I agree we need to get 3.9 VM sources into an easily
findable place.

> The only official source for squeak on win32 has the older 3.7.1 VM
>
> - http://www.squeakvm.org/win32/

IIRC then the most recent Squeak VM for Windows can be found in the
Croquet package. Not sure about the sources for that, might be in SVN?

> Q into the other direction: why not, any problem?

Well, I doubt anyone did that, yet. If it works at all (not sure how
unixy cygwin actually is) you'll have to run an X server to see
anything ...

- Bert -