[Vm-dev] InterpreterSimulator running?

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Wed Nov 8 16:36:16 UTC 2006

On 8-Nov-06, at 4:42 AM, Michael Haupt wrote:

> when I start the simulator as suggested in its documentation in a
> fresh 3.8 image, it relocates object pointers for a while and then
> signals an error indicating that an improper store into an indexed
> object had taken place. So, the simulator seems to be "broken" in the
> 3.8 release already.

Umm. That sounds like you are using a release with a version of
VMMaker already installed. I strongly suggest you don't do that. Try
starting from a 3.8.1 plain image and then load VMMaker 3.8b6.

For all practical purposes Craig is the current expert at beating up
the simulator; in fact so far as I know he's pretty much the only
person making serious use of it right now.

tim
Strange OpCodes: SCS: Spurious Cold Start