[Vm-dev] 64 bit Squeak VMMaker success report

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Mon Nov 13 00:19:43 UTC 2006

I have managed to get a 64 bit image to the point where I can load
VMMaker 3.8b6 from an MCZ file, and can generate a VM from recent
Subversion sources (SVN 1546) directly from the 64 bit image. I
generated internal plugins BallonEnginePlugin, BitBltSimulation,
FilePlugin, and SocketPlugin along with external plugins AioPlugin,
OSProcessPlugin, and XDisplayControlPlugin. After building the VM
from these sources on an AMD 64 Linux system, I can run the 64 bit
image on the new VM.

This is the first time that I have gotten a 64 bit image to be
reasonably self-hosting with VMM and up-to-date SVN sources, so
I thought it was worth a mention.