[Vm-dev] Netscape plugin for Windows again

Andreas Raab andreas.raab at gmx.de
Wed Nov 22 08:44:04 UTC 2006

Takashi Yamamiya wrote:
> Oops, I should ask Andreas at first...

No problem and thanks for reminding me. I just did a "quick fix" for the
problem that is commit the code that I found to squeakvm.org repository:

http://squeakvm.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/trunk/platforms/win32/vm/Plugin/

This includes the netscape plugin (under NPSqueak) and the ActiveX
control (under SqueakOCX2 - the other one was an older version that
didn't support the url fetching mechanisms etc)

> At least, it was a good exercise for me because it was almost my first
> Win32 API programming experience. And still I'm very interested in how
> activeX plugin was implemented.

In unspeakably ugly terms. ActiveX is nothing for the faint-hearted. The
code requires magical MSVC invokations that I'm not even sure recent
versions will handle correctly. YMMV.

Cheers,
  - Andreas