[Vm-dev] hacking a 3.9 VM

Michael Haupt mhaupt at gmail.com
Fri Oct 6 23:37:23 UTC 2006

Hi Dave,

On 10/6/06, Raymer David-fdr017 <David.Raymer at motorola.com> wrote:
> Ok, I got this working finally -- I have a 3.8b4 VM.  I found a post on
> the web that mentions the last change for "getImageName" that I needed
> to make can be changed in Slang ... where do I find the slang?  I've
> looked around for a bit, and seem to be unable to locate it.

"Slang" is the name for a subset of Squeak Smalltalk. It is tailored
to be easily translatable to C. In Slang, the VM (Interpreter,
ObjectMemory, ...) is implemented. VMMaker is used to generate C code,
which can then be compiled - but you know this last bit.

Details? http://minnow.cc.gatech.edu/squeak/2267 :-)

I don't know where to look for "getImageName" in particular, so I
cannot help you with that one, sorry. (I haven't found it in the image
I have at hand.)

Best,

Michael