[Vm-dev] re: hacking a 3.9 VM

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Mon Oct 9 01:42:44 UTC 2006

On 8-Oct-06, at 11:55 AM, David T. Lewis wrote:

> I swear I did not imagine this, but the weather is too nice this
> afternoon to waste any time trying to reproduce it again. I think
> I'll just write it off to a tempory warp in the bogon flux density
> caused by sunspot activity and a full moon. Sorry for the confusion,
> everything looks fine now.
>
> Time to take the Norton out for a ride before the cold weather sets
> in.

Excellent idea. I spent the afternoon flying my little Extra 300
model. Much more fun than worrying about software.

I really can't think why FilePlugin would get left out though. The
only easily imaginable reason is that somehow VMM couldn't see the
Cross or Unix directory for FilePlugin. That might possibly happen if
you were hit by that uniquely (I hope) silly unixism of the stale
directory handle. By pointing somewhere else and doing other stuff yo
uwould likely have triggered enough gcs to have killed the old handle
and then re-opened it later with fresh files. Or maybe you just
burped at the wrong time.

tim
On Doc: http://www.poppyfields.net/filks/00281.html