[Vm-dev] Re: Squeak VM crash

John M McIntosh johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com
Fri Sep 22 18:10:33 UTC 2006

Well I think I mentioned before no-one has gone thru and preformed an
audit to ensure the usage of memory address is resolves to a pointer
which resolves to an unsigned integer, then looked at all the places
where someone is doing math or compares on that value.

To contribute a bit I'll undertaking looking at the mac carbon VM and
put in the proper variable defs  in the osx carbon support code.

On 22-Sep-06, at 7:53 AM, Brad Fuller wrote:

> I'm dumb... my apologies. <Bang Head>
>
> That's a serious issue. I don't see a FloatArrayPlugin. Is it the
> FloatMathPlugin? It has some cross platform code. So, if it is from
> this, it's a potential problem for all platforms.
>
> But, as you said it could be anywhere. Still, a serious issue.
>
> brad

===