[Vm-dev] Fwd: Compiling Squeak failed with VMMaker on Mac

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Tue Apr 17 23:57:33 UTC 2007

I wrote a little ReadMe.txt to put in the platforms directory. I
added it to my svn localcopy. I try to commit it and just get:-

Adding         /Users/tim/Documents/Squeak/VMM3.8-64bit/platforms/
ReadMe.txt
svn: Commit failed (details follow):
svn: CHECKOUT of '/svn/squeak/!svn/ver/1655/trunk/platforms':
authorization failed (http://squeakvm.org)

I have no idea whatsoever what I am supposed to do about that. It
used to work, but I have moved Macs recently so perhaps something got
fubard. If anyone can explain it would be most helpful.

The file reads (just in case somebody else would like to add it)
++++++++++++++++++++++++
ReadMe.txt for 'platforms'.

This is the directory tree for the hand-written code, build
documentation, resources and makefiles for the Squeak VM. It is
maintained in an SVN repository kept at http://squeakvm.org.

Other parts of the sourcecode are generated from within Squeak by
using the VMMaker application, which is available via the SqueakMap
Package Loader built in to Squeak.

See http://www.squeak.org for information about Squeak, including how
to download it. See  http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/vmmaker for
information about the VMMaker application.

Information specific to the different platforms supported by this set
of sourcecode should be found in the 'docs' directory inside the
subdirectories named for each platform.

tim
Strange OpCodes: IG: Insert Garbage