[Vm-dev] Re: Joys of Squeak-dev image, VM Compiling on MacIntel and Spoon remote OtherBrowsing

John M McIntosh johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com
Fri Apr 20 07:09:51 UTC 2007

On Apr 19, 2007, at 10:02 PM, Ken G. Brown wrote:

> Well, I did in fact tell VMMaker to generate all the plugins
> internally except for
> FFIPlugin,
> FileCopyPlugin,
> Mpeg3Plugin,
> and TestOSAPlugin.

Other plugins you would need to track down that are in the prod
release are

CroquetPlugin (Croquet)
FloatMathPlugin  (Croquet)
FT2Plugin   (Sophie)
LocalePlugin
PrintJobPlugin
QuicktimePlugin (Sophie)
ServicesPlugin
SpellingPlugin (Sophie)

I *think* all the source for these are in the platforms directory
somewhere, mind who has ever checked?

Other that are in the tree but not in the build are:

CurlPlugin
KedamaPlugin
OpenALPlugin
SerialExtendedPlugin
UnixOSProcessPlugin

Others floating about

SqueakDESPlugin
SqueakTiffPlugin  (old, no interest from community for it?)

> And at one point I told Xcode to clean itself before building.

I usually do this before building the deployment copy just to ensure
everything is what I expect, sometimes XCode just forgets to compile
something
after many edit session in Development configuration mode and then
switching to Deployment.

> In Activity Monitor it shows up as a PowerPC app, I'm not sure how
> to get it to do Intel.
> Any tips where to start looking?

If you compile with the build configuration development you only get
the powerPC flavor. Well you'll get the MacIntel flavor once I check
in the 3.8.17 version.
If you compile with the build configuration deployment you get a
universal VM (powerpc and macintel)  use getInfo on the app or lipo
cmd to see what the binary thinks

> Thx,
> Ken
===