[Vm-dev] clipboard for other media types

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Tue Apr 24 09:35:59 UTC 2007

On Apr 24, 2007, at 10:53 , Michael Rueger wrote:

> Takashi Yamamiya wrote:
>> Hello,
>> I'm working about clipboard for OLPC Squeak (based on Fedora Core
>> linux) to support multiple media type like image and rich text,
>> instead of plain text only. I would like to know if such feature
>> have already been available for other platforms.
>
> Have you looked at the image side work done in Sophie?

You mean ExtendedClipboardInterface? Might be a starting point, yes.
The double-dispatching is a bit questionable but that would be simple
to fix.

For the VM-side, Sophie uses an odd mixture of
ClipboardExtendedPlugin and FFI code - and how does that plugin
relate to ClipboardPlugin? I'd think we want just one plugin.

What Takashi forgot to mention is that the preferred method of
interacting with the Sugar clipboard is by drag-and-drop (it has
multiple entries), so we need support for dropping images and text
(and not just files as now), as well a support for dragging stuff
*from* Squeak.

Anybody got an idea for that? As far as I know, Sophie does not
support this, right?

- Bert -