[Vm-dev] Re: 64 bit VM, source anyone?
David T. Lewis
lewis at mail.msen.com
Wed Dec 5 01:58:49 UTC 2007
On Tue, Dec 04, 2007 at 07:56:54PM +0200, goran.krampe at msc.se wrote:
> Ok, so I was stupid enough to pick Debian Etch 64 bit when configuring
> my last server. I knew it would bite me :) and here I am confused about
> where to find a 64 bit VM to compile.
> AFAIK lots of small patches have been flying around lately, but where
> can I find a tar ball that has most of those? David, could you perhaps
> create one?
Here is my current recipe:
1) Load VMMaker from SqueakMap.
2) Load the 32/64 bit-clean change sets. Presumably these will be merged into
VMMaker, but in the mean time John has stashed them in the SVN platform
sources. Go to platforms/Mac OS/vm/specialChangeSets/VmUpdates-dtl/ and
load the following change sets:
3) Load the fix from Mantis 5688 (otherwise you cannot use SqueakMap):
4) Load the fix from Mantis 5238 (needed only for 64 bit image, but you
may as well fix it while you're updating the rest):
5) Load the fix from Mantix 5403 (you don't need this, but I do):
6) Load SlangBrowser (you don't need it, but you'll want it if you are
going to look at the VM and plugin code):
7) Load the 32/64 bit updates for AsyncFilePlugin:
8) Load the 32/64 bit updates for FileCopyPlugin:
9) Load the 32/64 bit updates for LargeIntegersPlugin (unit tests only, the
plugin is good as long as you have installed the Mantis 5238 patch from step 4):
That's all for now,
More information about the Vm-dev