[Vm-dev] Re: Robot VM options

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Tue Dec 18 00:35:27 UTC 2007

Robert,

I'm taking the liberty of copying your message to the Squeak vm-dev
mailing list, which is:

        <mailto:vm-dev-request at lists.squeakfoundation.org?subject=subscribe>

Try googling "squeaknos" or "embedded squeak" which will lead you to e.g:

	http://people.squeakfoundation.org/article/59.html
	http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/5727

Try reading "Squeak, Open Personal Computing and Multimedia" by Guzdial,
Rose, et al. This includes chapters by some of the Squeak VM gurus that
should help, especially part two, "Squeak for the Systems Programmer".

	http://www.amazon.com/Squeak-Open-Personal-Computing-Multimedia/dp/0

Note that the VM building tools have progressed quite a bit since that
book was written, but the information in that book remains valid and well
worth reading.

Creating a Squeak VM for some arbitrary target hardware might be
a bit off the main path for what you are trying to do, but there are
certainly people with the talent and interest to handle that sort of
thing in the Squeak community.

Dave