[Vm-dev] Squeak VM SVN mirrored

goran at krampe.se goran at krampe.se
Sat Dec 29 13:15:08 UTC 2007

Hi!

Andreas Raab <andreas.raab at gmx.de> wrote:
> Interesting. How is support for other platforms? Also, is there a way to

Afaik bzr exists for "all" platforms - it is written in Python.

> "speak svn to bzr" (instead of importing an svn tree into bzr)? This

I am not sure but I don't think it makes much sense.

> would actually be more useful for our use cases and allow us to keep
> using Tortoise or other nice clients.

There is a fledgling TortoizeBzr: http://bazaar-vcs.org/TortoiseBzr

Thing is - distributed SCMs are quite different from Svn/CVS. That is
the whole point.

Also this experiment is mainly directed at us on the "outside" of the
core VM developer group.
You possibly think Svn covers all your bases (but I suspect you would
also prefer Bzr or similar if you tried it) - but from those without a
"commit bit" bzr offers much more interesting options.

So a first step is this synched pristine bzr mirror that "others" can
work from/with. And then eventually who knows - maybe you guys will also
see the benefits of a more modern approach. :)

> Cheers,
>    - Andreas

regards, Göran