[Vm-dev] visual squeak... =P

Alan Grimes agrimes at speakeasy.net
Thu Feb 15 06:40:39 UTC 2007

I have a bunch of visual basic code that's been dropped on me. -- for
controlling hydraulic presses for use in geology experiments...

So naturally, I'd like to play with a squeak analog... I have some
experience with back-end type stuff in Squeak such as the math library
used by Croquet... However, throwing a gui together seems to be a much
more daunting problem, While you can throw morphs on the screen to your
heart's content there isn't the kind of code generation system that QT,
Borland C++ builder, or MS Visual* has... I went to squeak.org and
naturally, 2/3rds of the links give me

" Bad Gateway

The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server."

=(

Where can I find a good walkthrough for creating an application such as
the media player?

--
Opera: Sing it loud! :o(  )>-<