[Vm-dev] Re: Linux 3.9 VM and Plugins

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Sat Jan 20 21:17:25 UTC 2007

On Sat, Jan 20, 2007 at 12:43:39PM -0800, Brad Fuller wrote:
> I'm using the 3.9-8 version of the VM from http://squeakvm.org/unix/. It
> does not contain all the plugins, only:
>
> AioPlugin
> PseudoTTYPlugin
> UnixOSProcessPlugin
> XDisplayControlPlugin
> vm-display-X11
> vm-display-fbdev
> vm-display-null
> vm-sound-ALSA (yeah!)
> vm-sound-OSS
> vm-sound-null
>

> Must I build the VM to get all the plugins available for *nix? Or are
> they available somewhere else?

Brad,

I think that you are looking only at the external plugins. There are
lots of other plugins that have been compiled internally.

"SmalltalkImage current listBuiltinModules" will show you the plugins
that are internal to the VM.

If you do want to compile a plugin other than one of the ones in the
distribution, then yes you will need to build a VM with VMMaker.