[Vm-dev] 32bit clean VM work.

John M McIntosh johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com
Sat Jul 14 18:04:32 UTC 2007

On Jun 12, 2007, at 4:15 AM, David T. Lewis wrote:

> On the 64-bit system, it's not allowing me to use anything that high
> in the address space. I can request a mmap to 0xfff00000000 and the
> request will be honored:

I was just reviewing these emails for michael and I don't think I
commented on this
allocating at 0xfff00000000 would be fine to test the squeak oops
space over the 0x8000000000000000 boundary.

It wasn't clear if you were able to allocate below the
0x7FFFFFFFFFFFFFFF  boundary to test allocating over
that boundary.   Also I've never heard if any one has been able to
run a Squeak image at say at or near 4GB

===