[Vm-dev] 32bit clean VM work.

John M McIntosh johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com
Sun Jul 15 00:04:28 UTC 2007

On Jul 14, 2007, at 2:40 PM, David T. Lewis wrote:

> John,
>
> No, I did not test the 0x7FFFFFFFFFFFFFFF boundary at all. Is it
> important
> to do so? If so, I'll see if I can set up a test based on Ian's tip.

Well that boundary is the magic positive versus negative signed 64
bit integer value.
It's really just a cross check to confirm everything works as
expected in the 64bit version.

it would appear that you've done below that value, and above the
value with your 0xFF testing,
it's just the crossing of that value, to dot our I's and cross our
t's so to speak.

> Ian, are you referring to the SQ_FAKE_MEMORY_OFFSET macro? It looks
> like
> that would do what you are suggesting.
>
> Avi, have you been running the VM with these changes in any production
> situations? If so, any feedback you might be able to provide would be
> appreciated. Thanks!
>
> Dave
===