[Vm-dev] Suspend

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Wed Jul 18 20:09:41 UTC 2007

On 18-Jul-07, at 18-Jul;12:27 PM, John M McIntosh wrote:

> That is what the getNextWakeupTick() does, it returns the time the
> vm has to wakeup to service the next delay since at that point all
> processes
> are:
>
> (a) waiting on a semaphore
> (b) waiting on a Delay to terminate in the future which is found
> via getNextWakeupTick()
Well yes; so perhaps one might change the relinquish so that it no
longer effectively adds a fake wakeuptick.

Whatever the details let's see if we can work out a good mechanism so
that then there is nothing to do, nothing is done, and when stuff
needs doing it gets done promptly. I'm sure there will be some
platforms that can do it beautifully and others that have to fudge it
but that's life.

tim
Strange OpCodes: BNE: Buy Non-IBM Equipment