[Vm-dev] InterpreterSimulator for 3.9

Adrian Lienhard adi at netstyle.ch
Sun Jul 22 20:59:51 UTC 2007

Hi,

Since the simulator was broken for quite a while now, I thought I'd
give it a try to fix it (it would be a pitty if this nice piece of
work gets lost over time...). What I've got now works pretty well,
except for some UI issues, mainly concerning output of text. For
instance, most of the labels in the menus are not visible (see
screenshot below). But apart from that, it seems to run just fine,
and that's enough for what I need it.

In case anybody is interested in the changes, let me know where I
should post them. There are VMM projects on squeaksource.com and on
source.squeakfoundation.org, but both seem unused.
I started working from the VMM image of Ian from http://
www.squeakvm.org/unix/release/ (version unix-3.9-10.*).

Cheers,
Adrian