[Vm-dev] Adding object to foo->scpecialObject

Adrian Lienhard adi at netstyle.ch
Thu Jul 26 14:02:37 UTC 2007

See Behavior>>becomeCompact
You just call this once for a class in the image. I suggest to put it
into the class side #initialize method.

But do you really need a compact class? If you just need to access
the class from the interpreter, you can also add it to the special
objects array. See SystemDictionary>>recreateSpecialObjectsArray. I'd
simply extend the array, I don't see any obvious reason why this
should not work. Of course if you plan to make your changes go into
the VM, you'll have to have a good point to satisfy the VM gurus ;)

HTH,
Adrian