[Vm-dev] Integration of the BlockClolsure>>value primitive

John M McIntosh johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com
Fri Jul 27 18:29:28 UTC 2007

I've always thought that part of the process of providing full
closure should be some smalltalk code to run
on existing images where it looks for code that could be affected by
moving to full closure. The problem with
providing the primitives is that you don't know within your close
base if you are abusing non-full closure
in interesting ways which will now break your application subtle ways.

On Jul 27, 2007, at 11:20 AM, Andreas Raab wrote:

> Could you please post your changes for review first?
>
> Cheers,
>   - Andreas
>
> Mathieu Suen wrote:
>> Hi,
>> The last week I have made a primitive for BlockClosure>>#value and
>> #value:with:….
>> BlockClosure is the object that behave like the BlockCoontext
>> except it provide full closure.
>> So I would like to integrate my changes inside VMMake.
>> For the time being I use primitive 576 and 577.
>> Can you add my changes into the main stream of VMMaker?
>> Thanks
>>     Mth

===