[Vm-dev] Clipboard VM crash

Chris Petsos chrispetsos at sch.gr
Mon Jun 4 09:02:33 UTC 2007

> Chris Petsos wrote:
> > To reproduce:
> >
> > 1) Open a Browser.
> > 2) Select the code of any method.
> > 3) Try to copy...boom.
>
> Any method? Or a particular one? I have used copy quite a bit without
> ill effects so if you point out:
> a) Which image you use (so I can get a copy)
> b) Which method explodes (so I can try for myself)
> this would be great.

I use the image here...
    http://tinlizzie.org/olpc/etoys-2.0-latest.zip

Silly me...i can't reproduce the problem! :-(
Now...let me see if i get things right...
When i download the *bin.zip file from squeakvm repository there are two
files in there the .exe and the ffiprims .dll thingy.
I execute the .exe file from the unzipped folder...do you think there can be
problems because i am running other versions of the VM too?
Do i have to copy the unzipped files inside the installed Squeak plugin
directory...just in case it is searching for other things too?
If all these are nonsense then i was mis-running the wrong version of the VM
when i encountered the problem and i am sorry...

Christos.