[Vm-dev] Back to WM_UNICHAR?

Chris Petsos chrispetsos at sch.gr
Mon Jun 4 13:18:18 UTC 2007

Remember at start that you 've been telling me to acquire unicode chars by handling the WM_UNICHAR message?
Well...i didn't and now i am having the first problems...
First...keyboard shortcuts do not work of course when i have the keyboard turned to my locale.
The charCode member of the event buffer takes values above 128...
We can interpret it back to MacRoman values inside the image but then the so called "unicode" environment will be polluted with locale specific code. Also, each environment can provide interpreters for itself without polluting the base UnicodeEnvironment class but still i don't know. Another, smaller, problem is that the mouse wheel does not work...and i don't know what else can come up in the future...

Do you think it would be wise to try once again handling WM_UNICHAR and leave everything else unchanged?
Documentation and reports on this message are really vague and controversial... some did it, some didn't ...i don't know! Any suggestions???

Christos.