[Vm-dev] VM patches for oop comparison and usqInt declarations

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Tue May 8 11:34:06 UTC 2007

On Mon, May 07, 2007 at 08:12:29PM -0700, Craig Latta wrote:

>      Those are part of Spoon. The first of those is only called in
> response to interactive human decision. I'm interested in problems with
> the second, though (but it only touches method trailer bytes, I'm not
> terribly concerned about it).

If you adopt the changes I did for the base VMMaker, then use the
methods in ObjectMemory category "oop comparison" to do the comparisons,
i.e. use #oop:isLessThan: rather than #<. This will do the type casting
without upsetting the slang inliner.

BTW did any of you try the slang browser at http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/5916?
It's a lot more convenient than generating a new interp.c every time you
change a method.