[Vm-dev] Re: SegmentationFault in with OmniBrowser

Damien Cassou damien.cassou at gmail.com
Tue May 22 13:02:37 UTC 2007

Hi Andreas,

2007/5/19, Andreas Raab <andreas.raab at gmx.de>:
> Damien Cassou wrote:
> > The problem is that I can easily reproduce the crash. Just take a
> > squeak-dev-beta-123 from
> > http://damien.cassou.free.fr/squeak-dev/beta/, and use the 'Package
> > Universe Browser' to upgrade to latest OB ('update list from network',
> > 'select all upgrades' 'install selection').
> >
> > Can somebody help me?
>
> Easy. Since the crash is reproducable there is a good chance the
> compiler got confused. Looking at the crash dump we can see that
> OBButtonModel triggers it upon a push so changing it to:
>
> push
>         ContextPart runSimulated:[bar push: self].
>
> has a very good chance to trigger such problems. And indeed: Once you do
> this you get an error saying that instances of OBModalFilter aren't
> indexable which is raised during simulating OBModalFilter>>selection:.
> Looking at the bytecodes (or the decompile) of that method shows that
> there is indeed a major problem, plus in a couple of other methods
> (noteParent:child: for example).

Not that easy to me. I did not understand a word of what you explained.

> How it got into this state is a great question, though. Somewhere,
> somehow your system is badly screwed up. Given that you have some fairly
> experimental Monticello changes in there I think it's a fair guess to
> assume that those might be causing the problem.

You should not assume I have a special Monticello version, it's not
the case. I have the Monticello included in 3.10 (maybe this one is
experimental, I don't know).

So, is there any problem with OmniBrowser or is it a problem with that
particular image and the way I upgrade it?

--
Damien Cassou