[Vm-dev] extending every header by a word

Rob Withers reefedjib at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 1 22:15:42 UTC 2007

Hi Michael,

I was reading your mind. :)  The very first thing I did was to subclass SystemTracer2 and pry it apart to see what I needed to do.  I will set the vatId to 1 and a few other flags in that new header.  I think I have my SystemTracer specified, but I have to wait until I get the vm together, before I can trace the image and test it.

I also think I have a grasp on what needed to change in the vm...not so bad, for now.  I just need to make all senders of the instantiation protocols use the new ones which specify a vat header.

Thanks,
Rob