[Vm-dev] 64bit: "This interpreter (vers. 68000) cannot read image file (vers. 274877913446)."

Jan Barger barger at barnet.sk
Mon Oct 15 12:48:24 UTC 2007

Hi

I think nobody is updating www.squeakvm.org and 64bit VM is not in focus
now.

If you wish to try a 64bit ( but with bugs - networikng is falling to
segmentation bug ) try to download precompiled vm from here :
http://www.barnet.sk/software/squeak or ask Lewis for some newer precompiled
VMs or sources.

I am interesting in this too, because i want to switch to 64bit machine and
64bit VM, but dont have enough time to find and fix bugs which are on
mantis. Maybe Lewis or someone else will reply better, at what state is this
64bit dev.

Finaly your problem seems to be mixing 32bit image and 64 bit VM.

Jan Barger
www.barnet.sk