[Vm-dev] Re: Checking contributors to VM code base

Ken G. Brown kbrown at mac.com
Fri Apr 11 05:55:24 UTC 2008

At 10:27 PM -0700 4/10/08, tim Rowledge apparently wrote:
>On 10-Apr-08, at 8:21 PM, Ken G. Brown wrote:
>

>>Don't have what you need. However since you appear to be working on VMMaker, I was wondering about your take on the need for having plugins in the VMMaker Plugins category. At least it seemed to me that you have to put them there in order for VMMaker to pick them up.
>>Somehow it seems odd to me to have all of a plugin's classes in its own category, except the plugin which has to go somewhat illogically in the VMMaker Plugin category. Most likely its a lot of work to do it any other way. Or am I missing something?
>Well the main list of plugin classes to work on is derived from
>providedPlugins
>	"generate the list by asking the InterpreterPlugins"
>	^ ((InterpreterPlugin allSubclasses
>		select: [:cl | cl shouldBeTranslated])
>		collect: [:cl | cl name]) asSortedCollection
>so, yes, I think you've got confused.

Hmmm...ok. The way it works is making more sense to me then. I had added plugin code to the image but for some reason, I did not see it in VMMakerTool 'Plugins Not Built' list until I changed the plugin category to VMMaker-Plugins, I had assumed that was where it needed to live in order to be picked up in the list. I'll try moving the plugin back to its own category and see if I can duplicate what I thought happened.

Thx,
Ken G. Brown