[Fwd: Re: [Vm-dev] New plugin support]

John M McIntosh johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com
Tue Apr 22 18:43:15 UTC 2008

He is helpfully cleaning up things, it was rushed a bit since it went
from a paper idea to a plugin, api, sunits, and a player in a three
week period
on the macintosh and OLPC.

So he's refactoring now, but that won't affect anything in the source
tree.
I *had* tried to avoid any source files but was force to make the
squeakAudioVideoPipeLineSignalInterface./c/h ones to support callbacks
for media source/sink interfacing to squeak.
Those would be cross platform.

I have no plans to provide any macintosh specific files since the
process of installing gstreamer on os-x is non-trivial. Well it is
trivial if you consider os-x to be a unix system
and you are happy with using the BSD Ports system to install a hundred
or so unix components, which might be the case if you wanting a fully
configured X11 based unix which happens to
be a macintosh....

Obviously this is a high hurdle for a macintosh etoy user to deal
with, and requires using of a Terminal session, and debugging when the
installation goes wrong, which it does...

However I understand installing GStreamer on Windows is less invasive?

--
=
=