[Vm-dev] Re: Method invocation in Slang

Robert Krahn robert.krahn at student.hpi.uni-potsdam.de
Wed Feb 6 17:26:11 UTC 2008

> What are you actually trying to accomplish? Possibly Andreas'
> callback support is what you need.

We are actually trying to find an easy way to use callbacks. The
method invocation would be triggered from outside the VM. But since
the callbacks are probably synchronous we don't have to use callbacks
into the VM at all. If that will not work, we will follow Andreas'
proposal and use semaphores. One thing I am interested in concerning
this is how are parameters normally passed to the callbacks when
using semaphores? By manipulating the stack?